AUBURN – Today was Auburn’s first practice in pads of the spring, We’ve heard from coach Gus Malzahn and several players, including Nick Marshall, on a variety of points.
Overall Malzahn was pleased with the effort for the first week
- Nick Marshall is excited about being asked to pass more and is aiming for the 65 percent completion percentage Rhett Lashlee stated earlier this week
- Trent Fisher is no longer with the team, his departure happened after the season
- LaDarius Owens is out with a left foot injury and will likely not be available
- Anthony Swain is not going through spring due to unspecified reasons
- Carl Lawson said he was “disappointed” with his performance last season
- The defensive line was running an unusual set with Montravius Adams and Gabe Wright at end.
AUBURN – The Kick Six won the Iron Bowl for Auburn and now it’s garnered further accolades.
Chris Davis Jr.’s 109-yard touchdown return of Adam Griffith’s missed 57-yard field goal was named the “Most Improbable” play of the year at the ESPN Sport Science Newton Awards this weekend.
The first ESPN Sport Science Newton Awards will premiere on ESPN on Feb.… More
AUBURN – David Benedict, the former University of Minnesota Deputy Athletics Director, will be the first Chief Operating Officer for the Auburn athletics department, Auburn AD Jay Jacobs announced in a statement Tuesday.
“David is a proven, results-driven leader with outstanding credentials, and I am pleased to welcome him to our team,” Jacobs said in a statement. “This hire is part of our ongoing efforts to become a 21st century, cutting-edge athletics department that can meet the challenges of the growing and rapidly changing landscape of intercollegiate athletics.
ATLANTA – We are live from the Georgia Dome for the 2013 SEC Championship game between No. 3 Auburn (11-1, 7-1 SEC) and No. 5 Missouri (11-1, 7-1). The game kicks off at 3 p.m. CT on CBS with Verne Lundquist, Gary Danielson and Tracy Wolfson on the call.
Here’s a preview of today’s game, an improbable meeting of teams with losing records a year ago. The winner could be playing for a shot in the BCS National Championship, should No.… More
AUBURN – The Auburn athletic department released documents pertaining to its secondary NCAA violations during the 2012-13 fiscal year (July 2012-June 2013). The 16 violation over 18 pages of documents are heavily redacted, making it impossible to discern in which sport any of the violations took place.
Read the full Auburn secondary NCAA Violations report July 12-June 13.
On page 1: A violation on April 22, 2013 states an academic counselor directly contacted a sophomore prospective student-athlete, which was premature contact.… More