AUBURN — We are live from Jordan-Hare Stadium for today’s homecoming game between Auburn (4-1, 2-1 SEC) and Western Carolina (1-5, 0-3 Southern Conference). The game kicks off at 1 p.m. CT and will be on pay-per-view. Andy Burcham and Gabe Gross are on the call.
It is the collegiate debut of former G.W. Carver star Jeremy Johnson, who starts in place of Nick Marshall (knee).
Follow @JamesCrepea on Twitter for more immediate updates.
FINAL: Auburn 62 Western Carolina 3
3rd Quarter: Auburn 56 Western Carolina 3
Halftime: Auburn 42 Western Carolina 3
Johnson went 13-for-17 for 183 yards with three touchdowns and an interception in the first half. Tre Mason has six carries for 100 yards with 2 TDs.
1:38 – Johnson connects with Tony Stevens for a 22-yard TD pass. First career TD for Stevens.
7:46 – Mason with a 53-yard run, his second TD of the game. 35-3.
10:34 – Johnson is intercepted on a long pass for Louis which had too much air underneath it.
13:54 – Corey Grant runs for a 51-yard score. Prosch plowing the road. 28-3
End 1st Quarter: Auburn 21 Western Carolina 3
3:14 – Johnson connects with Ricardo Louis on a perfect 46-yard bomb for a score. Johnson is 5/6 for 92 yards with 2 TD thus far. He had his first incompletion earlir on the drive when he underthrew an open Louis. 21-3 AU.
3:51 – Richard Sigmon kicks a career-long 49-yard field goal and Auburn will not have a shutout.
10:14 – Jeremy Johnson throws an 8-yard TD pass to Jay Prosch. Johnson went 3/3 for 31 yards with a TD on the five-play scoring drive. Johnson 4/4 for 46 yards 1 TD for the day. 14-0 Auburn
12:04 – WCU goes three-and-out and gains 0 yards.
13:03 – Tre Mason scores a 20-yard touchdown up the left side. Auburn ran four straight runs before Jeremy Johnson’s first college pass, a 15-yard strike to Trovon Reed over the middle. Mason ran in the next play for a score. Auburn goes 74 yards on six plays in 1:57 to take a 7-0 lead.
Pregame Observations/Lineup changes:
- Patrick Miller did not dress out and Avery Young will be making his first start of the season at right tackle. Young started the first three games of 2012 before a season-ending shoulder injury and was granted a medical redshirt.
- Trovon Reed is starting over Brandon Fulse. It is the second start of the season for Reed, who has five catches for 36 yards.
- For Western Carolina, Terrence Green starts at corner over Dante Stewart.
- This is the 100th observance of homecoming and the 87th homecoming game at Auburn. The Tigers have a 74-8-4 all-time homecoming record..
- Auburn leads the all-time series 2-0 with victories in 1986 (55-6) and 2002 (56-0).
- Auburn has a program record four different 100-yard rushers this season. Only three other FBS programs have accomplished the feat this year.
- The Tigers had six sacks last week against Ole Miss, their most since the 2005 Iron Bowl.
- Auburn is 299-156-18 all-time in games played during October with wins in 10 of its last 16 October games. All-time at home in October, the Tigers are 164-33-3.
- Western Carolina has lost 31 straight games to FBS and FCS teams.
- The Catamounts have been outscored 63-10 in the first quarter.
- There are 14 true freshman on the two-deep for WCU.
- This is the last pay-per-view game for Auburn as the SEC Network launches next year.
- The 1963 Auburn Tigers were recognized before the game.