AUBURN – The Tigers held their second scrimmage of the spring this morning at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
It was the first time Auburn is practicing in the stadium this spring and it could not have been a nicer day for it.
Some quick notes from today’s scrimmage, which was closed to the media but open to hundreds of high school coaches in town for a clinic.
- It was “all about building depth” today. Gus Malzahn described it as a “half-practice, half-scrimmage.” There were several starters that did not practice, though who was not specified. The team did not kick extra points.
- Avery Young took reps at right guard, with Patrick Miller at right tackle and Shon Coleman at left tackle on the first team offensive line. Chad Slade, the starter for the last two seasons at right guard, rotated in with Young.
- Nick Marshall did practice today, according to Malzahn, but there was nothing specific he did that stood out. Marshall has not spoken for the last two weeks.
- Brandon King and Derrick Moncrief were cited by several players with big hits. Moncrief had an interception.
- Peyton Barber scored a touchdown, no other scores were mentioned. Malzahn could not recall any.