AUBURN – We’re live from the fourth day of spring practice on the Plains. We viewed the first 20 minutes and here are some early observations.
- Elijah Daniel was held out of practice and was working in shorts. We’ll have to get an update as to why he was out. He was stretching with Jaylon Denson.
- Robenson Therezie had a cast on his left hand and was fielding punts but was not working with the defense. Justin Garrett was filling in at “star” on the first team and Mackenro Alexander with the second team.
1st DBs: Jonathon Mincy, Derrick Moncrief, Jermaine Whitehead, Jonathan Jones and Garrett
2nd DBs: Trovon Reed, Johnathan Ford, Khari Harding, Kamryn Melton and Alexander
- Corey Grant was the first-team running back, Cameron Artis-Payne was second and Peyton Barber third.
- During the pace period of practice the offense ran a 4 WR set.
1st team WRs: Sammie Coates, Ricardo Louis, Quan Bray and Marcus Davis
2nd team WRs: D’haquille Williams, Dominic Walker, Stanton Truitt and Melvin Ray
- Montravius Adams and Gabe Wright were each working at left defensive end. That’s a very big defensive line.
1st DL: Carl Lawson, Jeff Whitaker, Angelo Blackson and Gabe Wright
2nd DL: Montravius Adams, JaBrian Niles, Tyler Nero and Gimel President
- Shon Coleman took reps with the first offensive line, Patrick Miller worked with the second OL
1st team OL: Coleman-Kozan-Dismukes-Slade-Young
2nd OL: Miller-Danzey-Dampeer-Adams-Leff
- The linebacker groups remained the same with Cassanova McKinzy and Kris Frost on first team and Kenny Flowers and Cameron Toney on second team.
- Punt returners today: Jonathon Mincy, D’haquille Williams, Robenson Therezie, Marcus Davis, Quan Bray, Jermaine Whitehead, Ricardo Louis and Gray King
More to come…