AUBURN – We’re now one third of the way through Auburn’s spring practices. Defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson joined us this morning to get an early assessment of how things have been going.
- Elijah Daniel has a groin injury he suffered on the first play of spring and is expected back next week.
- Montravius Adams and Gabe Wright are working at end out of necessity with Daniel down. Likely won’t be permanent.
- Robenson Therezie has a broken left hand and that’s why he’s been limited. He’s expected back and is practicing, as we saw on Tuesday.
- Kris Frost has made a smooth transition to weak-side linebacker but worked inside and outside today as Cassanova McKinzy has been limited with a bruised left hip.
- Trovon Reed has been a “bright spot” of spring.
- Josh Holsey is limited and could practice but coaches are “erring on the side of caution.” He could come back at safety, corner or even “star.”
- On the proposed 10-second rule: “It doesn’t make any sense to me.” Says people were arguing for what benefited them.
- Focus has been on personnel and “seeing who’s going to emerge.”